Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thrive.

I am totally on this kick right now about intentionally thriving in this season I am in. Jake, my revival group pastor, has been saying how important it is to not just survive but to thrive. That statement hit my heart in a way that most things don't. So...I'm in this season where I'm spread so thin. I work a full-time job that is overnight and I go to school in the middle of the day. I am a small group leader, which means that I also have to coach -- which I thoroughly enjoy. But, with that responsibility comes relationship. Who complains about wonderful relationships? Not me! But, I find myself asking my heart -- are you giving all of yourself? Are these people you are leading getting half of you or all of you? Is the team you lead on outreach getting all of you? How much am I investing in people? How much am I investing in the people that matter? -- my core. Behind in homework...behind in sleep...allowing drama in my life that just stresses me out even more:::epitome of not thriving.
This has got to stop.
I will myself to rid my life of this drama. I will LOVE completely and fully and, most importantly, unconditionally. But I won't be walked over and I won't be treated without value. Or even treated with only a little value...or value at the convenience of another. No no no no.
I plan to sit here and listen to Imogen Heap's new album...catch up on homework...and leave facebook open for casual conversations with beautiful people:relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment